Welcome!

I created this blog to have a place to share information, ideas, thoughts, and experiences, not necessarily just about real estate, but also life in general.


November 1, 2012

Brené Brown

The Power Of Vulnerability!

I unexpectedly came across this on YouTube. It struck a chord with me and realized I too have hidden behind an armor of trying to excel and perfect things; my excuse for not connecting; my way of protecting. And often, I won't even try as failure or being judged seemed more convenient.

Delivered in a most profound way,  Brené Brown has changed my perspective toward being vulnerable. It scares the sh*t out of me though, this vulnerability stuff, but here’s my new mantra: To live fearlessly, dare greatly, and love wholeheartedly – I can’t wait to see what happens.

I would love to listen to her in person. But for now, I am reading her books: Daring Greatly and Gifts of Imperfection. And "NO", I'm not promoting her book (well, maybe, kinda, because the books are linked to Amazon ;). But I’m just a regular person, like everyone else, trying to make sense of things and keeping my head up... more than anything, I just wanted to share this!

I got the message, Brené Brown. Thank you, wholeheartedly!


Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
2010 TEDxHouston talk on Vulnerability


2012 TED talk "Listening to Shame"

No comments:

Post a Comment